In this episode of “A strong cup of Java,” Java Developer Steve Perry talks about cloud-native Java and microservices.
Understand why microservices architecture is so important, learn how to create a microservice, see what it means for you as a developer, and find out where you can learn more.
Be sure to check out the show notes: https://developer.ibm.com/videos/a-strong-cup-of-java-3-cloud-native-java-microservices/
* N-Tier architecture definition: https://stackify.com/n-tier-architecture/
* Packaging monolithic applications: https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/tutorial/doc/bnaby.html
* OpenJ9 JIT compiling: https://www.eclipse.org/openj9/docs/jit/
* Docker containers for microservices: https://www.docker.com/solutions/microservices
* SubstrateVM and AOT for native images: https://www.graalvm.org/docs/reference-manual/native-image/
* Kubernetes: https://kubernetes.io/
* Open Liberty Guides: Writing a simple REST service: https://openliberty.io/guides/rest-intro.html
* Open Liberty Guides: Docker: https://openliberty.io/guides/docker.html
* IBM Developer: Why Should we use Microservices? https://developer.ibm.com/technologies/microservices/articles/why-should-we-use-microservices-and-containers
* Jakarta EE: https://jakarta.ee/
* IBM Developer Microservices Technology Page: https://developer.ibm.com/technologies/microservices/
* Open Liberty: https://openliberty.io/
* Some images are from Pixabay, and use the Creative Commons 0 license: see this link https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en for more information. Pixabay terms and conditions here: https://pixabay.com/en/service/terms/#usage