Chloe Condon (@chloecondon) – Developer Evangelist at Sentry.io and creator of Sentry’s scout-themed monthly meetups – and Jessica Deen (@jldeen) share their tips for event hosts, presenters, and attendees, based on their experiences on both sides of the table.
You’ll learn the core components of promoting and hosting community events that developers love (and come back to, with friends), how to strike a balance between fun and informative to keep your demo audience engaged, and where to find the best meetups in your city.
1:30 Chloe’s meetup go-tos
2:00 Jessica’s demo tips
– Use the Croc Hunter app in your demos: aka.ms/CrocHunter
2:48 # NoClickyClicky (planning for poor WiFi)
3:56 Finding local meet ups
4:49 See Sentry Scouts in action (branding + fun + educational)
– See past and upcoming Sentry Scouts events (with video): sentry.io/_/events
5:41 Parting advice for meetup hosts
– Get Jessica’s Tips for Deploying to Kubernetes Using Helm: https://aka.ms/DeployKuberneteswithHelm
– Learn More About Sentry.io: https://sentry.io/welcome
– Check out Azure: https://aka.ms/OpenSourceShow/02